Major oil extraction operator in Qatar
Context and challenges
Since July 2017 and for the next 22 years, the same company will be the operator of the giant Al-Shaheen oil field in Qatar. With more than 30 offshore oil fields at its disposal, the platform produces a staggering 300,000 oil barrels per day.
Because of how expansive the project is, the company requires a considerable workforce both on and offshore to operate smoothly. That is why since 2017, MPH has been working with its client to hire and manage the relocation of contracted workers to construction sites across 4 countries: Qatar, Vietnam, Singapore, and Malaysia. MPH also provides qualified personnel to the company head office, offshore sites as well as to yards on construction sites.
MPH is involved in all aspects of recruitment and helps by:
- Recruiting individuals with skills spanning the whole range of the trade. The HSE (Health, Safety, and Environment) sector, comprising of engineers, supervisors and intendants are particularly in demand. More than 100 consultants were hired over these past years, with 50 of them being active now.
- Transferring workers who were hired at the very beginning of the project and who were already on-site to MPH (the HSE sector particularly).
- Managing contracts and recruitment from mobilisation all the way to demobilisation. MPH manages all formalities: visas, medical examinations, training, and courses vital for offshore work, offshore passes, plane tickets, logistics in Qatar (Heliport to travel to the platform, payroll, medical insurance, demobilisation, etc.).
- Setting up logistics, training, and writing documentation for workers, the majority of which work offshore.
- Recruiting skilled workers from 15 countries worldwide: France, Great Britain, South Korea, Algeria, Russia, and Venezuela, among others.
This extensive project has and continues to benefit from the expertise and services provided by MPH in many ways:
- Since MPH has offices located in Asia, we manage transfers from Qatar towards countries like Malaysia and Singapore (and vice versa) while effortlessly taking care of matters such as visas, logistics, permits, training, and accommodation.
- MPH takes charge of a great number of business trips during the course of the mission.
- MPH provides medical insurance, visa work permits, and relocation, payroll services as well as full 360 insurance to the client.