Gas projects in Qatar
Context and challenges
Qatar is the world’s leading natural gas producer alongside Australia and Russia. Now, the country is aiming to further establish itself as the number one producer of natural gas. To achieve this, the Arab state plans to up its production — already up to a whopping 77 million total tonnes per annum (TPA) — by 64% in 2027. In line with this national plan, our client and one of the world’s largest Liquified Natural Gas (LNG) companies, will be expanding its operations with investments of 50 billion dollars.
MPH has been working with this client for more than 15 years and during this time, our specialised knowledge in gas has been especially beneficial. For instance, MPH assisted the client on their Ras Laffan site in Qatar, deploying qualified engineering and construction professionals. Most recently, MPH and its client collaborated on the Barzan pipeline project, an offshore pipeline requiring several supervisors and construction specialists.
For their next venture, the client will be constructing 6 mega trains, each transporting 7.8 million tonnes of LNG per year. Once again, MPH’s assistance has been requested for this large-scale project — one of the most expansive ones we have worked on.
The sheer size of this new project and the objectives attached to it require an extensive intervention from MPH
- MPH will manage the recruitment process, hiring a large number of highly competent staff necessary to the success of the project
- MPH will manage consultants from different countries, particularly providing support for all the locations where the project will be executed for engineering and its final destination in Qatar
- MPH will manage the payroll, visas, and contracting process for the consultants and overall management of the workforce
- The client is benefiting from the full spectrum of our services, having opted for our premium offer
- MPH is specialised in the gas industry, having worked, among others, on three massive projects, namely: Arctic2LNG, Yamal LNG, and Ichthys. The client benefits from all this expertise on their projects.
- MPH is bringing together a sizeable team of professionals from across the world to serve the interests of the project.