Power and gas projects in Russia
Context and challenges
The client is a multinational power company and a leading operator in the power and gas markets in Europe and Latin America. They provide electricity for the regions for both industrial and consumer usage. Its Russian branch is a power generation company that owns and operates 3 power plants:
- Sredneuralskaya GRES (1,578.5 MW) in the Sverdlovsk region.
- Nevinnomysskaya GRES (1,530.2MW) in the Stavropol region.
- Konakovskaya GRES (2,520MW) in the Tver region.
Through its Russian subsidiary MPH Vostok, MPH supported this major client by recruiting experts in the energy sector and providing HR plus follow-up services during the duration of the different project phases.
MPH has provided support with the Premium package contract hire services to the client in the following fields and ways:
- Support of multi-discipline teams in Moscow and regional Power Generation stations.
- Personnel Provision and Administration Services, including payroll and taxation processing, logistics, insurance, and training, among others.
- MPH manages all aspects of the legal employment of the employees: correct and timely payroll, taxation, administration of overtime, leaves, and business trips, among others.
- MPH provides additional services like medical insurance, health check-ups, cell communication, meal provision, relocation support, and professional training, among others.
Thanks to the services provided, the client and the project benefited in different ways:
- The client was able to fully dedicate their time and resources to the project as MPH was handling operational support of the project.
- MPH is especially proficient at staffing, enabling the branch in Russia to quickly mobilize project personnel without complex and time-consuming approval processes.
- The client also benefited from our worldwide sourcing capacities and valuable ability to recruit qualified personnel for both technical and non-technical roles ranging from officer to C-level positions.