Dubai Metro extension project
Context and challenges
This project is related to the worldwide event Expo 2020 happening in Dubai. The new metro section will connect the main Dubai Metro line to the exhibition site with 7 new stations. Following the event's postponement due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the new start date at the end of 2021 will allow organizers to adapt to the new guidelines and restrictions. Given that unexpected context, the client needed to adjust the project's schedule and the pandemic delayed project delivery.
MPH supported the client during all the project phases, especially during the most critical times when the consultants' teams couldn't reach the site. As a top-quality service provider, our team is very proud to support a client leading a project which is part of Expo 2020 and will participate in the international outreach of the UAE.
MPH provides Premium package contract hire services for all the consultants mobilized for the project:
- The client provided candidates to MPH and trusted us to execute full support in recruitment services. MPH sourced other candidates on various disciplines: HIS officers, technicians, installation supervisors, testing and commissioning technicians, and plant engineers from Asia (India, Philippines, and Malaysia).
- MPH took care of the visa process, payroll services, contract administration, different travel arrangements, logistic support, insurance, hotel accommodation, etc.
- After the consultants' demobilization according to the project phases, MPH supported them in relocating for a new project with a new contractor.
- The client managed to follow an unexpected schedule for the expo 2020 given the complex pandemic circumstances. MPH was able to keep all the staff mobilized and ready even during the lockdown and the different periods with restricted moves to the construction site.
- We provided full 360° support, allowing contractors to keep their focus on and deliver the project.
- Our teams were able to visit our consultants on-site from time to time, thanks to the MPH main office in Dubai.