Context and challenges
The Doha Metro is a rapid transit system in Doha, Qatar’s capital city, which became operational on 8 May 2019. It has three lines with an approximate overall length of 76 km and 37 stations. It is an integral component of the larger Qatar Rail network, which will include a long-distance rail for passengers and freight, linking Qatar to the GCC, and the Lusail LRT. Capable of reaching 100 km/h, the Doha Metro will be one of the fastest driverless trains in the world. The client had appointed MPH to provide technical support and expertise at all stages of the project.
The client signed a contract to supply advanced Communications Based Train Control (CBTC) signaling, telecommunications & security, an integrated Operational Control Centre and automatic fare collection systems for the newly launched Doha Metro.
The client has been following a thorough Building Information Modeling (BIM) strategy to enhance the design and construction of this complex project through increased levels of collaboration, early problem solving, better construction documentation, and improved building system integration. Telecommunications, signal and utility systems can be better planned and executed resulting in less downtime and lower costs.
Mission and Challenges:
When working on national projects like the Doha Metro, MPH was involved in all organizational levels. As well as being able to call upon our extensive database of top-class CVs, we also:
- Mobilise experts from different fields to support the project. Finding the right candidates for each project is our primary concern. We mobilised experts from fields such as BIM and AutoCAD, testing and commissioning, logistics/warehouse, telecommunications. We also mobilised multiple engineers/technicians, installation supervisors, HSE and procurement managers, SCADA and system engineers, planning engineers and quality control inspectors.
- Assist the mobilisation process of our candidates based on our client’s own recommendations and manage the administrative requirements, such as visa procurement.
- MPH connects employers with quality people and with the best CVs from all around the world. MPH is proactive in the way it selects its candidates. It evaluates the client’s demands and caters to their needs.
- We simplify the hiring process for the client, allowing them to focus on the main objectives of their project.
- MPH oversaw the testing and commissioning to ensure every aspect pertaining to security and design is respected
project since 2015